What is the cause of QuickBooks Error 6073?
QuickBooks is prone to mistakes, such as error 6073. This is a frequent issue that occurs when you try to open a corporate file in a multi-user environment. Aside from this mistake, there are a number of other company file faults that could cause you problems. QuickBooks error 6177, often known as QuickBooks error 6000, is a common error in QuickBooks. Is a condition that prevents the corporate file from opening and causes the software to crash.
When the issue appears regularly and crashes the system, crashes the active operating apps, and freezes your machine, the problem becomes much worse. After all of this, how does it feel to be unable to rectify the mistake in order to continue working? We’ll go through the reasons of QuickBooks Error 6073 and how to fix it in this section.
What causes Error Code 6073 in QuickBooks?
Error 6073 can be caused by any of the following factors.
- The corporate file you’re trying to open is already open in single-user mode on another PC.
- Your QB business file is saved in a network folder that is solely read-only.
- The data were hosted on a Linux server, and many sets of login credentials were used to access the shared folder.
- Someone else is accessing the company file you’re trying to open using remote software, and the machine hosting the company file sees that the user is still active, i.e. logged on.
Guide for fixing QuickBooks Error 6073
There are a number of options available to assist you in troubleshooting Error Code 6073 —
Run QuickBooks File Doctor after downloading it.
Intuit’s QuickBooks File Doctor is a fantastic tool for resolving issues with your company’s file and network. On the Intuit website, you may download the File Doctor tool. After you’ve downloaded it, double-click the qbfd.exe file to launch it and follow the on-screen instructions.
Manually resolve QuickBooks Error 6073.
If the previous approach fails to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6073, try manually resolving the issue. If your corporate file is open in single-user mode on another PC, take these steps:
- First and foremost, shut off QuickBooks on all workstations.
- Open the QB corporate file on the PC that is hosting it.
- Select File from the menu bar.
- Select Switch to Multi-user from the drop-down menu that displays.
- If the problem persists, try restarting all of your machines.
If your company file is open in single-user mode on the computer that is acting as the host, follow these steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 6073 –
- Select File.
- Close the company from the list that shows.
- Open the company file once more.
- Return to the File menu once more.
- Click Open or Restore Company from the list that opens.
- Select Open a Company File now.
- Next should be selected.
- Select your company’s file now.
- To open a file in multi-user mode, click Open File in Multi-user Mode.
- Click the Open button.
If your company file is in a folder that is merely a read-only network folder, use these procedures to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6073 –
- To begin, go to the computer that houses your company’s information.
- Open the folder that contains the company file.
- Right-click any empty spot in the folder with your mouse, then select Properties.
- Go to the Security tab in the Properties box.
- Select the user who is having trouble logging in, and click Edit.
- Put a tick next to Allow for Complete Control.
- Apply the changes.
- Click the OK button.
If the machine is being accessed using a remote software, follow these procedures to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6073 –
- Simultaneously press the Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes tab in the Task Manager screen.
- Look for any processes that are running in the user’s name who is having the problem.
- Restart your computer if you notice any ongoing processes under that user.
We recommend that you use the above-mentioned solution under the guidance of a professional or technicians. Because QuickBooks error 6073 can be challenging to fix for any user. If you require assistance with QB error 6073, please contact us at our QuickBooks Technical Support Number.
Do you require professional assistance?
If you are unable to address any issues, please contact our QuickBooks Error Support team, who are available 24×7 to assist you. The team consists of skilled and experienced individuals that will assist you with the mistake and resolve it remotely.